Grate Bass is a virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt giving you usual and unusual scratchy sounds of an electric bass played with a pick. The output of the bass was recorded using a DI and in addition a large diaphragm condenser microphone was pointed 30 cm above the neck to record the scratchy pick sounds separately. For all included five sound patches Grate Bass lets you choose how to blend the two sound sources together. All sound patches range from notes E1 to C4 and have two velocity layers with three round robins each.
(A smaller, free version of Grate Bass named Grate Bass Lite is also available. Grate Bass Lite features two of the five sound patches and three of the seven effects from the full version.)
- Five playing styles from normal to scratchy picking and playing with a piece of paper stuck between strings
- Separate volume control for DI and Mic signal
- Note Attack and Release time control
- Effects: Distortion, Bass Amp Simulation (4×10), Reverb, Chorus, Lo-Fi, Tremolo and Vibrato
Total number of samples:
- 1,980 (@44.1 kHz/24 bit, mono)
- Full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.4 or above (does NOT work with free Kontakt Player!)
- 700 MB of free hard drive space
Listen to Grate Bass:
The following demo features all sound patches from Grate Bass.
- 1.0 (February 19, 2018): Initial release