Grate Bass Lite is a virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt giving you usual and unusual scratchy sounds of an electric bass played with a pick. Grate Bass Lite is the FREE version of Grate Bass (which features three more sound patches and four additional effects). The output of the bass was recorded using a DI and in addition a large diaphragm condenser microphone was pointed 30 cm above the neck to record the scratchy pick sounds separately. Grate Bass Lite lets you choose how to blend the two sound sources together. All sound patches range from notes E1 to C4 and have two velocity layers with three round robins each.
- Two playing styles: Normal picking and scratching fast along strings
- Separate volume control for DI and Mic signal
- Note Attack and Release time control
- Effects: Distortion, Bass Amp Simulation (4×10) and Reverb
Total number of samples:
- 792 (@44.1 kHz/24 bit, mono)
- Full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.4 or above (does NOT work with free Kontakt Player!)
- 360 MB of free hard drive space
Listen to Grate Bass Lite:
The following demo features both sound patches from Grate Bass Lite.
- 1.0 (February 19, 2018): Initial release