Grate Piano is a virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt giving you scratchy piano sounds. For Grate Piano the lowest 30 notes of a Korean upright piano were played with a 1.14 mm guitar pick by scratching along the strings (only the first 30 strings on an upright have a copper-wrapped surface).
By its nature Grate Piano is a great tool for horror and ambient sounds or sound design.
- 30 lowest notes only (A-1 to D2)
- Sampled with dampers up and dampers down
- Sampled with slow and fast scratched guitar pick
- Two to three velocity layers (depending on sample patch)
- Two to four round robins (depending on sample patch)
- Note release time control
- Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Lo-Fi, Tremolo and Vibrato
Total number of samples:
- 1,260 (@44.1 kHz/24 bit, stereo)
- Full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.4 or above (does NOT work with free Kontakt Player!)
- 1.1 GB of free hard drive space
Listen to Grate Piano:
The following demo features different sound patches of Grate Piano. No additional effects were used.
- 1.1 (February 9, 2018): Fixes an issue where certain values wouldn’t be saved when closed and reopened in a DAW
- 1.0 (September 1, 2017): Initial release